Emeralds Lyra Low
Intermediate Two | Low Hoop
This Intermediate Two “Emeralds” level of Lyra is for students who find inverting or flip mounting inaccessible to them, or who are still working on these skills. In our Emeralds Low Hoop level, students will explore elements from the Emeralds syllabus - but all in the low hoop. Our Emeralds Low Hoop Syllabus incorporates varied skills and adaptations to the regular Emeralds syllabus, allowing students to build on their trick vocabulary and practice strength and flow.
Emeralds is all about becoming more confident through the middle of the hoop. Students will learn how to accomplish back-balances, leg-hangs and other complex shapes and transitions in the hoop as well as improving fluid dance movement.
Our Emeralds and other levelled Lyra classes embrace a sensual style, and our focus is on teaching fluidity and beauty in movement rather than simply teaching tricks alone.
Our Low Hoop classes follow the same routine as High Hoop classes, however it is adapted into a Low Hoop style.
Interested in booking into Emeralds Lyra (Low Hoop), but aren’t sure if you’re eligible?
We don’t have an online syllabus quiz for this level yet, however you will need to be able to complete the following moves:
- Babe in the Moon to Cradle
- Must be able to pull themselves into the hoop from a hocks position.
- Be confident in all Pearls moves, with the exception of the Hocks Mount and Straddle Invert.
Please bring the following items to class:
- Yoga mat
- Small towel
- Water bottle
- Wear something that makes you feel comfortable and/or sexy. Often babes wear active-wear (like leggings and a top), and others prefer lingerie (like a cute bodysuit or two-piece set). Make sure the back of your knees are covered, as the white gripping tape on the lyra can sometimes feel abrasive on the skin.
- Wear socks or stockings on your feet (no shoes - our photos are heavily styled).